Spring is Sprung!

It's been almost a month since I've been here, oh my. It's funny to me how winter NEVER feels fast, but then spring arrives and the days pick up momentum til they're flying by.

I've spent much of the past month in Idaho, where spring is a bit more shy about showing up. Back in DFW it's the Bluebonnet Festival, pools are opening up, and AC's are getting their seasonal servicing so they can run non-stop for the next eight months. At least.

So, since I've been in Idaho, here's what's been keeping a smile on my face:

Hearing Delia Owens, the author of Where the Crawdads Sing, speak at the local library in CDA, Idaho. She wore jeans and tennis shoes and was adorable. If you haven't read the book, do.

While I've been at our Idaho home I've been working on fixing up comfy spots in each bedroom, for us and for guests who come and go at our home.

A little spot in the front guest bedroom. The table still needs a reading lamp. Next trip.


My morning spot in our bedroom. I found the footstool at my favorite store, 'Junk'. 


This is our newly built office, another nice spot for morning coffee or an afternoon call to family or friends. 

I got to ride with my oldest 'grand', who is just about to get his license. Sweet memories made for me. It doesn't seem that long ago we were making sure he had enough tummy time. 

Cub Sweetheart assembled these bookcases for the new office, and they promptly filled up. It makes me so happy to see all my books in one place. 

I discovered my first 'Little Free Library' here in CDA, Idaho, and this one is sort of famous. Look it up on Pinterest - it's pretty great. I took Lilac Girls and left behind The Help. 

Hector, a Capybara at the new, local petting zoo. I am completely smitten with him. 

My DIL. has been telling me about Gilmore Girls for the past 14 years. I finally listened. SO fun!

I hired my two oldest grands to move the furniture for me in our master bedroom. I need a wall caption below those antlers - any suggestions?

Thank you, God, for creating pansies. Flowers that don't mind being blanketed in late spring snows, and will bloom until the 4th of July. 


This new dining room, built where open air was, just makes me so happy to walk by and look into. Happier to see hungry people pulled up to the table. We're going to use the heck out of this room.

So a modpodge of photos and activities. I'll be heading back to DFW in just a few days, taking our almost 13 year old grand with me, to spend a week in the sunshine, eat at all the great fast food places Texas offers (Chick Fila, Rosa's, and Whataburger to name a few she's excited about), take her photo in the bluebonnets (in their prime right now), then we'll have a whole three months in Texas before we head back north for what's left of summer and fall. 

I hope spring has sprung for everyone else out there. If you're doubting it based on the temperatures, go dig in the flowerbeds. Mine that are up here VERY north have all sorts of sweet little green things beginning to poke their heads up, and we're about 100 miles south of the Canadian border. Likely, if you're anywhere south of me yours do as well. Seeing little green things shooting up out of the ground is great encouragement we can all use this time of year. Spring IS here, it's just a bit more shy in some parts of the country.

Back soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts