Words - Midweek :-)



Normally I share a favorite quote on the weekend, and it's actually smack dab in the middle of the week, but I just finished reading Girls' Club, by Sally, Sarah and Joy Clarkson and this section on women's friendships was SO good....

"We are not computers; we cannot download information about God or life by direct transfer.... Most of life is not thinking about life - it's living through it.... We need someone beside us, pointing us in the right direction, guiding our hands, telling us to whip the meringue just a little more... The most powerful wisdom is passed down side by side, through love. We learn to love not because someone tells us about love but because we have been loved. We learn.... when someone comes alongside us and treats us as interesting individuals worth the effort and capable of the work." 

I sent this book to both my daughters, and also my special friend who is gracious enough to be one of my besties even though we are 2000 miles apart for half the year. That kind of a friendship takes more effort to stay connected, and lots of grace for when life gets in the way and we don't. I so highly recommend reading it, whether you've got tons of friends, or not enough. Either way, you'll either find new ones to connect with, and or be a better one to those you already hold dear.

So, this weekend, instead of words, I'll try to come back and share what I've been up to the past five or so weeks. It's been a bit wild. 

Comments

Popular Posts