Camera Roll Shot of Life

Right now I have 1,875 photos and 6 videos on my phone, and about 75% of them are weird. Not people at all, but rather shots to help me remember what time the movie starts, or a decorating thing I saw and liked, or capturing the price of something in Target.

Here's a smattering of what's on my camera roll in the past week:

We're in the middle of a remodel of our home in northern Idaho, and the builder got some sheetrock put up. God bless our son-in-law who went over and Facetimed with us and sent us photos too. Before we left we hung up sheets on broom handles to try to envision. This photo was a big improvement.


I have sort of crazy hair and the shorter it is the crazier it behaves. So I decided to quit cutting it for awhile. My favorite hair dresser is actually up in Idaho, and I've got a hair appointment scheduled for late March, when we're up there visiting. Until then this was an update of what it looks like, for my daughters, and I never sent the photo. I'm sure once I visit Courtney it'll be whipped into shape, literally.

Note: do not cut bangs unless you are sure you want them for the rest of your life. Growing them out is painful. P.S. Don't EVER cut your own bangs - it is ALWAYS a terrible idea and will make growing them out even more awful. P.S.S. I am terrible at selfies.



I've kept a written journal for about 30 years, and always had the intention of going back and rereading them. Then I'd decide what to actually DO with them. Instead, this past week I pulled out every single one I could dig up and threw them in the trash. I put them there three days before the trash pickup and three days later was still fine with it. So they're gone. All of them. I'm still okay with it. I've lost a lot of remembering, but I've also lost a lot of drama and angst and writing stuff I didn't ever want anyone to read. Good riddance, and my new daily journal is on my computer and password protected. Nobody else but God needs to know some of what is on my mind.


Our little 8 lb shih tzu would never purposely hurt anyone, but when someone who will remain unnamed sets her down on someone else's face you end up sending photos like this to parents.


Our oldest daughter assures me this is a great read aloud for our two Texas Grands. I can't wait to start it. I mean, look at that cover!


Since the beginning of the year, I've been routinely getting up right around 7 am, and this is my daily reward. Texas sunrises are glorious.


Rachel Lynde from Anne of Green Gables. She and I seem to share the same hair type. I'm hoping that's all that is similar about us. She is my reminder of who I do not want to be like as I grow older.

We leave on a Caribbean cruise in 11 days with 50+ other people; Cub Sweetheart is asking me to produce all sorts of documents to send to the accountant for our tax prep, and I'm up to my elbows in redoing our filing system. I just finished reading Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield and recommend it, and am about 25% into reading George Orwell's Animal Farm for the first time ever. Our bookclub here in Texas has chosen The Rosie Project as our February comedy/romance read. Quite the contrast between a bunch of farm animals who go rogue, and a die-hard bachelor who gets swept away by everything he's not looking for in a mate.

That's it for me for now. I'll be back soonish.

Comments

Sarah said…
Ha! This post made me laugh!! (And no, you are definitely not like Rachel Lynde!)

Popular Posts