And things I do love....



As I drifted off to sleep last night, I found myself calling to mind all the things I DO love. Savoring each one as it came to mind - here are a few:

fireflies, and the memory of catching them in mason jars with the neighbor kids

puppy breath

watching a newborn's eyelids flutter as they dream

seeing Cub Sweetheart asleep, across the bed from me, at night

fireworks, and especially little ones holding sparklers out in the air



ice cold watermelon

falling asleep to the sound of a summer rain storm

the first sip of coffee in the morning

my pillow

going through a box of old photos, and remembering

hearing Cub Sweetheart whistle a made up tune



the memory of my roller skates, a 10th birthday present

the magic of Christmas morning

stopping at lemonaide stands and overpaying

road trips

finding a great book at the used book store

figuring out how to play a piece on the piano

watching the baby ducks at our pond get bigger by the day

Thursdays with my knitting girlfriends

remembering the sound of my mom saying, 'hello darlin'', when I'd call her

driving through the mountains, windows down, with a river rushing by



bluebirds perched on a fence, and scissor tail fly catchers flitting through the air

receiving unexpected calls that start with 'hello Grammy'

listening to the sound of my father's voice on the phone

feeding apples to the deer in our back yard

paying grandkids to mow our lawn

sinking into a hot bath with a good book and a glass of ice water



movie popcorn

grown children who have become best friends

my everyday life

How about you? What do you love?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this Bev! Most of your favorite things are mine also with the exception of Cub Sweetheart and knitting only because I don’t know how to knit!
Bev said…
Sara, hope you have your own Cub Sweetheart, and anyone can learn to knit. Find someone or just go to youtube - I wish I'd learned ten years earlier than I did. Thanks for stopping to say hello.

Popular Posts