I'd vote for him if I could.....





John Adams - written by David McCollough:

In my top ten books ever, it was incredibly interesting to read how our country came to be, our form of government, the sacrifices our first leaders had to make.

And this man - John Adams!

What a privilege it would have been to meet him, to sit and listen to him talk, to watch him lead our country. I only wish he was running today. The dignity and honor he brought to the office of President of the United States, his integrity - absolutely amazing. It took me over six weeks to read it (651 pages) because it was so absorbing I just didn't want to rush through. I read a borrowed copy and will likely buy my own to reread it someday.

It would be a GREAT read for a high school student, giving a very clear picture of what it took to become an independent nation.

Highly recommend!


Comments

Popular Posts