Settling In....

We've been in our new home a week today, and can generally find most of what we're looking for.

Piles, here and there, still abound, and we've eaten more fast food than is likely good for people in their 60's, but we're getting there.


It feels so good to just live in our home, after several months of staging and not using the 'good towels'.

Just be.

Our realtor stopped by today with a thank you gift, and also took all our boxes home with her, to move a 9 months pregnant DIL. And I broke the rules and hugged her long, because she became a friend for those three months we worked together.


It would have been a blessing to have met her twenty years ago.

I told her I hope I don't call her for at least ten years, or maybe even fifteen, but I sure will recommend her. What started out with both of us trying to be professional, wearing dressed up clothes, ended up standing in our entry, talking while I wore my pajama leggings and a t-shirt that had toothpaste dribbled down the front. We'd yelled over each other (in agreement) as we talked about the frustration of dealing with our buyers, roof issues, etc. and that'll grow a friendship every single time.


 As we unpacked, I came across bins of decor and such that we'd shoved under beds when the house listed, and they warmed my heart, just to see them again.

I've missed family photos.

Gallery wall is almost done, just a few side photos framed in black should do it.

Putting them up on the walls felt even better. Putting them up knowing if we were to stage the house again, they'd have to come down and go back under the bed, makes them mean more.


Nobody wants to live in a staged, perfect house. Nobody wants to live with staged, perfect people either.
Nightly soaks are pretty high priority during moving chaos.







A gift from my 94 year old father, I love having them on the walls of my kitchen again.


It's not done, but we're making progress every day, going slow and enjoy the process. Feeling blessed to do so. 

Comments

Popular Posts